Shot peening is a metalworking process used to modify the mechanical properties of metals and composites. It finds applications in various industries such as automotive, railway, aerospace, etc., for workpieces that need to enhance strength and durability.
- To provide greater strength
- Life extension
- 100% repeatability of process
Shot peening is a cold machining process in which the surface of the workpiece is treated with an abrasive. Each bead acts like a small hammer, creating a small dent in the surface. With a high concentration of impacts, they are smoothed into a flat, solid surface. Consequently, a layer of compressive stresses forms on the surface, eliminating the possibility of the workpiece structure collapsing.
Type of workpieces
Shot peening is used in various industries such as automotive, railway, aerospace, etc. for workpieces that need to improve strength and durability.
Suitable shot blasting machines:
- Roller conveyor shot blasting machine - P
- Rubber belt tumble blast machine - GG
- Continuous tumble belt blast machine - GPP
- Shot blasting machine with rotating drum - VB
- Spinner hanger shot blasting machine - VK
- Overhead rail shot blasting machine - VKP
- Pass-through monorail shot blasting machine - VPP
- Springs shot peening machine - VZ